The diagrams on the left demonstrate the advantages of the composite structure. 600 cm long S275JR steel beams are spaced at intervals of 180 cm, with Hi-Bond 55 profiled sheet decking and a 6 cm thick slab of C25/30 concrete covering the sheeting. Props are to be used in the transitional phase and deformations are limited within 1/250 of the length. 3.7 CTF105 connectors per sq.m. are required to create the composite beam.
The commonly adopted solution for shear connection in composite steel/concrete structures is the “Nelson” type headed stud, welded to the beam.
TECNARIA offers special connectors, simply fastened to the beams with high-strength nails using a special nail gun, avoiding any need for welding (video). This simplifies the construction procedures with consequent low costs.
– The continuity of the profiled sheeting on top of the beams can be maintained because the nail passes through the sheeting;
– The fastening operation is not affected by the surface treatment of the connected parts (painted or hot-galvanised);
– Fastening on site is not affected by low temperatures or the presence of water;
– No skilled manpower is required for installation, only a diligent use of the equipment;
– No toxic fumes are released during fastening;
– The nailer is very light and easy to handle, it does not require a electrical connection and can be hired.
Studies have been carried out, on the structural behaviour of the CTF stud connector and the DIAPASON connector for composite steel-concrete beams joined to the metal structure by nailing. The studies are based on experimental tests carried out on several push-out type samples, including both a solid slab cast directly on the beam and a […]
Strengthening of steel floor structures in Aquila, Italy. It has been possible to restore and strengthen existing floor structures in the historic old town centre of Aquila by adding only 3cm of fibrereinforced concrete on top of the original, binding old and new together with connectors. The floor structures which have been strengthened where […]
Tecnaria CTF connector stud fixed through continuous sheeting: application example Possibility of nailing through 1 sheet (1 x 15/10) or 2 sheets (2 x 10/10). Suitable for all types of steel and all profiles with a thickness greater than 6 mm. Minimum profile IPE 120 or HEA 100. Tecnaria connectors are particularly advantageous for applications […]